07 July 2013

A little lady with big insecurities.

I believe that every person on this planet would change at least one small thing about themselves if given the chance. It may not be huge, or necessary, but given the chance we would all do a little tweeking. For me, one of those big insecurities has been my Widow's Peak. Now, some of you may not know what a Widow's Peak is, but it is when the hair line comes down and meets at a point. Most commonly it's been seen in movies on Vampires and Werewolves...real cute, Hollywood. In high school I was dreadfully ashamed of my widow's peak and never let anyone see it. I was always so jealous of the girls who were able to tie all of their hair up in a tight ponytail. As I've grown up into the 21 year old that I am, I have slowly been trying to pull back the layers of all my insecurities and learn to accept them. So recently, I decided that even if it took a head scarf and a confident day..I was going to pull my hair back in a tight ponytail. So, I did. It felt so amazing. I know that not everyone who saw me thought it looked beautiful, but damnit if I didn't feel good. I know some days it feels impossible to love yourself, so slowly start working on one flaw at a time. These traits we deam "flaws" are what make you, you. They will be the reason someone falls in love with you. I am a firm believer in the idea that we are only as strong as our weakest points. And although we may not be able to make our "flaws" our strongest points...we can definitely at least make them stronger. Embrace a part of you today. Show it off. If you got it, flaunt it. And, my personal favorite....WERQ IT!


8 comments:

  1. Love you, you beautiful creature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see a damn thing wrong with it! :) I need to take your advice & embrace a few things that I see as "flaws".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth be told, I don't see it as a flaw at all! I have one too and that is the least of my worries...though my biggest worry would have to be my gigantic forehead, so we pretty much have similar reasons to rock awesome bangs, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a kid i wanted a widow's peak so bad. im not even sure why, but i wanted one really bad. funny how we dislike the things about ourselves others look at us and wish they had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful! You totally rock that widows peak :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always love widow's peaks. I think they are such a unique trait. If only our 'flaws' were always something that others could possibly see as beautiful. I have the hardest time dealing with my exotropia, and I don't think any form of anything could ever make it werq.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have one, too. I've always hated it. On top of that, I also have a cow lick which makes the widow's peak even more noticeable. NIGHTMARE. It's the worst. BUT, people tell me all the time how much they love it. It's confusing. And I think it's one of those things that only you view as a flaw, you know? I'm learning to accept it and embrace it. That head scarf looks super cute. Maybe I'll give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete